This section includes information about the various certificates you may need for working in a foreign country.

Certificates for visas & work permits

For some countries, you may need certain certificates to process work visa and residence permit applications. It's worth making several copies of each of the following (if applicable) and leave the originals back in the UK in a safe place.

Birth certificate
Wedding certificate
Certificates of professional qualifications
Higher Education certificates (degree, A levels etc. - if being used in line of work)

  • General Registrar Office

    If you've lost your Birth or Marriage Certificate or want another copy, you can order these through this website.
    Website: www.gro.gov.uk (England & Wales)
    Website: www.gro-scotland.gov.uk (Scotland)
    Website: www.nidirect.gov.uk/gro (Northern Ireland)

  • Vital Legalisation Ltd.

    Need to use a document in a different country to where it was originally issued? Attestation or Legalisation services. Contact andrew.howden@vitalcertificates.co.uk and mention OSCAR for a discounted rate.
    Tel: 01924 918 378
    Location: Batley, West Yorkshire