Refine Your Search
|Finance:||Salary or Allowance|
|Duration:||Full‑time, Permanent, 1 to 4 years|
|Activity:||Children & Youth, Education & Training|
|Posted:||20 Nov 2023|
IGCSE Teachers for August 2024
To work with students, teachers, administrators, and parents to design and implement a classroom instructional program that facilitates positive growth and change in the knowledge base, thinking, feeling, and behavior of learners and leads to responsible Christian discipleship.
- Spiritual Leadership
- Proactively cultivate and protect a spiritually and emotionally nurturing environment for all students.
- Exhibit the fruit of the spirit and spiritual maturity before the students, parents, and faculty/staff.
- Participate in staff prayer and devotions.
- Lead class/homeroom devotions on a daily basis for their students.
- Attend and participate in school assembly programs.
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Regularly review curriculum guides and plan lessons that lead to fulfillment of course priorities and goals.
- Ensure that the ESLR’s are implemented in the daily class lessons/activities.
- Prepare lesson plans containing objectives, instructional plans and assessment.
- Design and maintain a positive, pleasant, and nurturing classroom environment, including regular preparation of bulletin boards and classroom displays.
- Implement an effective classroom management/discipline program which promotes effective student learning.
- Review and incorporate instructional/information technology and audio visual aids to support the fulfillment of lesson objectives.
- Assign homework that supports the classroom program and the expectations and goals of the school.
- Effectively oversee the learning process in the classroom.
- Apply the spirit as well as the letter of the school and classroom rules as appropriate.
- Supervise students at lunch and/or during scheduled periods, according to the campus supervision plan.
- Supervise students at school activities as required.
- Facilitate the collection and reporting of funds for school-generated projects.
- Organize class activities, dependent upon assigned responsibilities.
- Arrange for field trips that extend or apply classroom learning.
- Plan and present classroom assemblies at regular intervals as assigned.
- Review/practice emergency procedures with students.
- Meet with parents during Back to School Night early in the school year, presenting an overview of the classroom program.
- Conference with parents, as scheduled, requested, and/or needed.
- Proved written reports of student progress, as requested, scheduled, and/or needed.
- Maintain an attitude of openness and a desire for communication.
- Alert responsible personnel if a student expresses/exhibits a need for the intervention of special professional services.
- Maintain weekly written communication (Homework Assignment Sheet or letter) with parents highlighting the class activities, homework, tests, etc. (for elementary).
- Record Keeping / Assessment
- Maintain an accurate record of each student’s work for use in determining grades.
- Maintain a daily record of student attendance.
- Oversee responsible use of supplementary texts, materials, and supplies.
- Complete end of year procedures, according to appropriate inventories and checklists.
- Collaborate with other teachers in the on-going articulation and evaluation of curricular programs including: curriculum writing, determining scope and sequence priorities, effective teaching strategies, assessment practices, and related textbook adoptions.
- Serve on committees and/or supervise or sponsor activities supporting the overall school program.
- Seek opportunities for curricular integration.
- Professional Development
- Annually submit a written list of professional goals to the principal.
- Participate in scheduled in-service, curriculum planning, and professional development activities.
- Observe colleagues and be observed by colleagues.
Please mention OSCAR when responding.