Refine Your Search
|Location:||Dumfries and Galloway|
|Finance:||Salary or Allowance|
|Posted:||20 Nov 2023|
Assistant Cook, Barcaple
Full time, permanent contract, live-in
Location: Abernethy Barcaple, Dumfries & Galloway, DG7 2AP
Start Date: Immediate
People from all walks of life have joined the Abernethy family to serve God through great hospitality and exciting outdoor adventure. We look after our guests with love, care, warmth and enthusiasm. Our communities at Barcaple and Nethy Bridge are wonderful places to serve, live and develop. A vibrant and friendly team, lovely locations, great facilities and a meaningful mission make Abernethy a special place to be.
Who should apply?
We are looking for a committed Christian and hard-working team player. You will need to be friendly, welcoming, flexible and adaptable. Ideally, you will have worked in hospitality, kitchens or customer service before.
The role – key tasks
- Assisting the Food Services Manager and Cooks to provide a high standard of catering for guests and staff
- Assisting in writing menus, ordering, receiving orders and stock rotation all within budget
- Maintaining a high standard of safety, cleanliness and food hygiene in the kitchen, providing training to team members where necessary
- Organise and operate the servery/wash-up area efficiently
- Ensure that the dining room, servery and kitchen are kept clean and tidy
- Keeping up to date with the paperwork and record keeping associated with food hygiene
- Communicating with the Food Services Manager as and when problems arise
What experience and qualities are we looking for?
- A positive Christian role model for guests and staff
- A warm, friendly and collaborative approach
- Can work under pressure to deadlines in a calm and efficient manner
- Motivated, enthusiastic and able to demonstrate initiative
- Willing to be flexible and go the extra mile
- Previous experience of working in a kitchen/food services environment
- A knowledge of relevant Health and Safety regulation and COSHH
- Have served previously with a Christian organisation, charity or church
Good to know
- It is a Genuine Occupational Requirement that the holder of this post is a practising Christian whose lifestyle is consistent with the values and doctrine of the Christian faith
- As part of our commitment to safeguarding, the successful applicant will be required to become a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Scheme and the appointment will be subject to a satisfactory PVG Scheme Disclosure
- Living and working as part of a Christian community in a beautiful rural location
- Accommodation in a shared house and full-board provided (if required)
- Monthly salary
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum, increases with length of service)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of local churches and Christian youth work
- Training and development opportunities
- Attendance at our inspiring annual Team Gathering
- Living and serving in a beautiful Scottish location with plenty of opportunities to explore and adventure
Please prayerfully consider whether this role may be right for you. For an informal chat about the role please contact Dave Crudgington on 01557 820 261 (Barcaple) during office hours (please leave a voicemail if we aren’t able to answer).
If you feel you are the person we are looking for, please complete an online application form (with your CV and your photograph).
Please mention OSCAR when responding.