Refine Your Search
|Finance:||Salary or Allowance|
|Posted:||20 Nov 2023|
|Closes:||22 Dec 2023|
The Way We Care Lead (Part-time)
The Way We Care Lead (Part-time)
Are you outgoing and cheerful?
Do you enjoy engaging with older people?
Do you feel fulfilled when you have lifted others' spirits? If yes, apply now!
We are looking for a committed individual with a heart for the care of older people and a keenness to deliver our 'The Way We Care Programme' which encompasses our approach to the care of our residents.
This role is perfect for an upbeat and enthusiastic person who is interested in engaging with our older residents and staff to promote The Way We Care. To find out more about The Way We Care, please click here
Finborough Court is a modern and spacious home in the quiet, rural village of Great Finborough. For more information about our Finborough Home click here.
- To care for our family members/residents, by providing a loving and caring environment and maintaining the Christian ethos that is so important to them;
- To embrace the Society’s The Way We Care Model. This means providing the highest quality of care possible addressing Mind, Body and Spirit - The Whole Person;
- To take responsibility for The Way We Care Programme, developing all levels of staff competency, understand and practice the philosophy of seeing the person first, whilst celebrating their strengths and supporting their unique Spiritual, Emotional and Physical needs;
- To provide a working environment where each member of staff feels that they are part of the team with something to contribute and the opportunity to develop their personal skills, knowing their ideas are listened to and acted upon when the ideas are enriching the lives of those we care for;
- To prioritise and support the spiritual life of the home, both for family members/residents and the staff making it possible for all family members/residents to carry on enjoying the special relationship with the Lord Jesus at their own pace and in their own way.
- Caring or nursing experience;
- Experience leading or managing a team;
- You have empathy and enjoy working with older people;
- You are able to support individuals with unique and diverse needs;
- You have a positive, open and warm personality;
- You desire to make others happy with a genuine love for all people and a positive outlook on life;
- You will be a companion and friend to all of the people we care for – with or without dementia;
- You are able to work with teams and individuals and be willing to take on any task to provide an excellent level of care;
- You are well-organised, adaptable and practical.
The Way We Care:
The Way We Care is the Pilgrims’ Friend Society approach to ensuring that older people have all that they need to flourish in their later years, especially as their physical needs increase. Every part of what The Way We Care looks like in the daily lives of our care homes is rooted in how the Bible tells us to treat and support others around us. There are eight foundational principles to The Way We Care:
- Every person is a physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual being.
- People are made for the community.
- Every person has a unique role to play in life.
- All families are made up of different people with different skills and abilities.
- Building and growing relationships are an important part of life.
- Every person’s opinion about what happens to them is valid.
- Every person’s role is important, regardless of their capability.
- Every person has been lovingly and uniquely created.
We are committed to seeing the whole person – the history, the experiences, the joys and the sorrows of life, and to knowing who the important people are who make up the bundle of each person’s living.
Part-time: 21 hours over 5 days per week (4/5 hours per day).
Occasional weekend work but generally Monday to Friday.
- Career development: Whether you are starting your career or looking to expand your skills.
- Paid DBS checks
- Being part of our friendly and committed staff team
- Ongoing support from management
- Flexible working: various working hours
- Employee assistance programme
- Team events
- Perkbox rewards
- Pension scheme
- Recommend a Friend Scheme
— What our staff say about us: …“It is a friendly and welcoming place to work” … —
Pilgrims’ Friend Society is a registered charity. Our Christian ethos is central to everything we plan and do. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please mention OSCAR when responding.