|Room 47 Victoria Hall
|Tel:||0114 270 9990|
Sheffield Methodist District
OUR CALLING is to equip our seven circuits, 150+ churches and 6,000+ people to respond to the gospel of God's love in Christ and to live out their discipleship in worship and mission by:
- Learning helping people become, learn and grow into confidennt disciples of Jesus
- Changing supporting circuits and local churches as they respond to the transforming work of God's Spirit
- Joining in resourcing circuits and local churches as they join in God's mission both within their own life and the life of the world.
We are proud to be part of the Methodist Church of Great Britain. The calling of the Methodist Church is to respond to the gospel of Gods love in Christ and to live out it's discipleship in worship and mission. It does this through Worship, Learning & Caring, Evangelism and Service.
FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS - OUR STRATEGY FOR RESOURCING
Six priorities have emerged where we can equip our circuits, churches and members to respond to the gospel of God's love in Christ, which is their calling and our calling:
- Growing disciples lies at the heart of our strategy, as a bedrock of supportive accountable, deepening relationship with each other and with Christ.
- This leads to passionate contextual worship and transforming mission for such a time as this.
- Particular support is needed to rediscover confidence in sharing stories for such a time as this.
- We will help set disciples free for a life of worship and mission by simplifying procedures and providing expert support to make their properties fit for mission for such a time as this.
Our district strategy for resourcing mission is also influenced by God for All, the UK-wide Methodist strategy for evangelism and growth.
|Duration:||Open‑ended / Permanent|
|Activity:||Church Related, Evangelism & Discipleship|
|Posted:||30 Apr 2021|
|Closes:||24 May 2021|