Refine Your Search
|Duration:||Over 12 months, Open‑ended / Permanent|
|Activity:||Children & Youth, Evangelism & Discipleship|
|Posted:||24 Nov 2021|
Youth Ministry Lead
We want to see our youth ministry expand in breadth and depth in response to the needs of the young folk of South Reading. This means growing and building team as well as developing current and new programs we run and services we provide. The introduction of Radio SYC youth programs is very likely to significantly increase our reach into the young people of South Reading, we need to be ready to respond to what this brings. We are also in the process of fundraising for a youth cafe bus which would be the responsibility of the youth worker to take a lead on!
We would like to appoint someone with experience in youth work and team leadership who is passionate about seeing a thriving SYC youth ministry in South Reading.
Responsibilities would include:
- Be an integral member of the SYC team, participating in team rhythms of prayer, mission and connection, both locally and nationally.
- Understand, espouse and pass on to others, the culture and values of SYC.
- Grow and build youth team to deliver SYC youth programs and services.
- Develop SYC’s youth ministry with reference to the joint youth mission strategy.
- develop current schools work and add to services provided at JMA
- develop after schools programing and services including the youth components of RadioSYC.
- develop other programs and services according to where the community’s young people ‘are at’.
Please note: This opportunity is open to anyone over the age of 18. All SYC staff, both full-time and part-time, are self-supported, this position is unpaid.
Please see the video here where Claire Bankole, CEO of Shift Youth + Community, briefly describes the amazing opportunities available at SYC.
Please mention OSCAR when responding.