Refine Your Search
|Duration:||Over 12 months, Open‑ended / Permanent|
|Activity:||Children & Youth, Evangelism & Discipleship, Support Ministries|
|Posted:||11 May 2021|
Community Work Lead
We want to see SYC’s ministry making an increasing impact on the local community through our work with families, community partner networking and broader community work that builds social cohesion (including events). We want to see our work with the local churches in community mission, increasing and deepening.
We are currently not able to move forward our community work as SYC due to our current team capacity and it prevents us from responding fully to new opportunities. Current things that are on hold include: progress with the ROC conversation, engagement with Citizens conversation, pursuing and contributing to partnerships and networks, full development of our work with families of young kids in the area.
We want to be able to contribute in a meaningful way to the development and flourishing of our local community. Therefore, we want to appoint someone with experience in community work/mission and team leadership who is passionate about seeing a thriving SYC community ministry in South Reading.
Responsibilities would include:
- Be an integral member of the SYC team, participating in team rhythms of prayer, mission and connection, both locally and nationally.
- Understand, espouse and pass on to others, the culture and values of SYC.
- Develop SYC’s work with families of young kids, with reference to the joint mission strategy.
- Develop partnerships with local churches and strengthen the partnerships of local churches together.
- Bring SYC’s contribution to local partnerships like ROC and Citizens.
- Grow and build team - both program specific and general community work team.
- Help to develop community focused programing for the RadioSYC.
- Work with Youth Ministry Lead to ensure that youth and community programs and services dovetail and compliment each other.
Please note: This opportunity is open to anyone over the age of 18. All SYC staff, both full-time and part-time, are self-supported, this position is unpaid.
Please see the video here where Claire Bankole, CEO of Shift Youth + Community, briefly describes the amazing opportunities available at SYC.
Please mention OSCAR when responding.