Refine Your Search
Work from Home
|Duration:||Open‑ended / Permanent|
|Activity:||Evangelism & Discipleship|
|Posted:||21 Aug 2021|
|Closes:||11 Oct 2021|
Staff Workers - London
Friends International is an evangelical mission agency dedicated to supporting and equipping churches to reach international students for Christ. We currently have 75 Field Staff and Associates working in 35 university towns and cities across the UK and Ireland. As part of our strategic growth plan, we are seeking to increase our presence in London by recruiting more Staff Workers.
Reporting to a Centre Team Leader, you will fulfil a vital role in working with the local team to develop international student ministries with and alongside evangelical churches in the city. This will involve mobilising volunteers and liaising with church leaders to take the ministry forward. Personal evangelism and discipleship with international students will also be a key component of the work, as you seek to provide a model for others.
You will be:
- Educated to degree level or its equivalent
- Passionate about cross-cultural ministry
- A visionary able to prioritise and think strategically
- A team builder with gifts of encouragement and pastoral care
- An effective communicator
- Committed to pursuing unity and building bridges across the evangelical spectrum
- A self-starter, able to manage time and resources well
- An active member of your local church
- Willing to raise personal support from churches and individuals
Hours: Up to full-time, dependent on degree of personal support
(i.e. sufficient support for your own salary and work-related expenses from mission giving).
Salary: These are personal-support funded roles (i.e. you will need to raise sufficient support for your own salary and associated employment costs from mission giving). The salary paid from your support raised will be pro rata of £29,135 per annum for a 35 hour week. A guide to the pledged support which needs to be raised is £7,000 - £8,000 per annum for each day per week worked, depending on location (further details on request).
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to:
Diane Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Formal application forms will be emailed to shortlisted candidates shortly after the closing date.
Please mention OSCAR when responding.