Refine Your Search
|Location:||Africa / Americas / Asia|
|Duration:||Over 12 months|
|Activity:||Administration, Finance & Fundraising|
|Posted:||26 Feb 2021|
A Senior Level Accountant assists the Regional Finance Director in a variety of roles and duties, which may include:
- Preparing, recording and/or reviewing financial transactions for the region;
- Reconciling accounts;
- Managing accounts receivable and/or accounts payable;
- Cash management;
- Payroll and benefit administration;
- Preparing and/or reviewing financial reports;
- Preparing and/or reviewing budget information;
- Tracking fixed assets and inventories;
- Account analysis and audit support;
- Reviewing and testing internal controls;
- Compliance and government reporting; and
- Addressing financial questions and inquiries from management and other staff members.
Furthermore, experienced Senior Accountants may serve as the acting Finance Director when the Regional Finance Director is absent from the office.
Four year degree in Accounting (or equivalent as professional accountant), understanding of US standards for financial statement preparation and familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is required. Experience in a computerized accounting environment, managing foreign currencies, and not-for-profit fund accounting are a plus.
Please mention OSCAR when responding.