Refine Your Search
|Location:||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Finance:||Personal Support, Voluntary|
|Duration:||Over 12 months|
|Activity:||Evangelism & Discipleship, Practical & Technical, Prayer & Spiritual, Relief & Development, Social Action|
|Posted:||20 Jun 2022|
Reconciliation Counsellor or Coordinator - Novo Sarajevo
Bosnia continues to struggle in the aftermath of war. Many communities remain divided and suffer with pain and trauma from that era. We are looking for someone to come and help us bring Christ’s reconciliation to the people of Novo Sarajevo through the development and growth of a reconciliation project. Our hope is that this project would become a centre for spiritual and emotional healing with the option for a counselling project to be established alongside it.
- Building relationships with local community people
- Helping to establish and grow a centre for reconciliation
- Facilitating community reconciliation projects
- Recruitment and training of volunteers and staff
- Ensuring any projects are impactful and culturally relevant
- Passionate faith and love in Jesus
- Committed to Personal Development
- Able to work as part of a team as well as show initiative
- Empathy and willingness to understand a range of people
- Understanding of trauma and reconciliation
- Experience in establishing similar projects would be beneficial
- Counselling qualification is not essential however would be required if you are looking to establish a counselling centre
- Language skills are not required, however, your first-year in-country would be about cultural and linguistic learning
- Support team in the UK and Bosnia to help with a range of adjustments including cultural.
- Support accessing training and development courses as appropriate.
- Support for recruiting additional team members and staff as the project grows.
This role requires you to raise personal support to cover your expenses and living costs. One Collective UK will help you to facilitate donations for your work by providing mechanisms for supporters to give. We will also help you to create a budget and fundraising target for personal and ministry expenses.
Please mention OSCAR when responding.