Refine Your Search
|Location:||Highlands and Islands|
|Duration:||Open‑ended / Permanent|
|Posted:||21 Sep 2021|
Office Team Member
People from all walks of life have joined the Abernethy family to serve God through great hospitality and exciting outdoor adventure. We look after our guests with love, care, warmth and enthusiasm. Our communities at Barcaple and Nethy Bridge are wonderful places to serve, live and develop. A vibrant and friendly team, lovely locations, great facilities and a meaningful mission make Abernethy a special place to be.
Who should apply?
This role is essential to our ministry as our Office Team are often the first point of contact for our guests. We are looking for someone who is highly organised and reliable with a high level of initiative. The right candidate will have a passion to serve God and their Christian faith will be evident in their life.
The role – key tasks
- To deal with routine enquiries by phone, e-mail and face to face at the Reception desk
- To provide information to departments within the centre and also to guests before, during and after their visit
- To liaise with group leaders before and during their stay
- To undertake general administration relating to the running of a busy outdoor centre
- To ensure the booking process is efficient
- Taking part in our Christian programme, attending team meetings and devotional times, helping host events, serving our guests and being an Ambassador for Abernethy
What experience and qualities are we looking for?
- Good office and administration skills
- Previous experience of human resources administration
- Previous experience of working in an office environment with Microsoft Office applications
- Previous experience of phone contact in a work environment
- Ability to prioritise personal workload
- Willingness to help in other departments when the need arises due to operational demands
- Self-motivated, discreet, with a high level of initiative and good attention to detail
- Positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
Good to know
- It is a Genuine Occupational Requirement that the holder of this post is a practising Christian whose lifestyle is consistent with the values and doctrine of the Christian faith
- As part of our commitment to safeguarding, the successful applicant will be required to become a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Scheme and the appointment will be subject to a satisfactory PVG Scheme Disclosure
- Living and working as part of a Christian community in a beautiful rural location
- Accommodation in a shared house and full-board provided (if required)
- Monthly salary
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum, increases with length of service)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of local churches and Christian youth work
- Training and development opportunities
- Attendance at our inspiring annual Team Gathering
- Access to a fantastic outdoor area with the Cairngorms, River Spey and Moray Coast all within easy reach
Please prayerfully consider whether this role may be right for you. For an informal chat about the role please contact Simon Smith, Operations Director, on 01479 821279 during office hours (please leave a voicemail if we aren’t able to answer).
If you feel you are the person we are looking for, please send your CV and a photograph to Sarah Williamson at email@example.com
Please mention OSCAR when responding.