Refine Your Search
|Duration:||Open‑ended / Permanent|
|Activity:||Children & Youth, Education & Training|
|Posted:||10 Apr 2021|
High School Guidance Counselor
GDQ’s HS guidance counselor is responsible for promoting student achievement in academic and career development. Working with administration, teachers, parents, and the GDQ community, the HS guidance counselor will provide direct and indirect student services that includes instruction, advisement, consultation, and collaboration.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Meet individually or in small groups with every high school student (and their parents) to develop an academic and career plan.
- Assist in making annual class schedules to ensure students are enrolled in the appropriate classes.
- Assist students (and parents) with college investigation and selection, admissions and acceptance, scholarship and financial aid information and applications.
- Track progress of students to ensure fulfillment of graduation requirements.
- Assist students in preparing for college entrance exams (PSAT/NMSQT, SAT, ACT).
- Assess student abilities, interests, and achievements to help students set goals and make academic and career decisions.
- Listen to students’ concerns about academics and help students process these concerns and plan goals and action points.
- Assist high school administrators with the testing schedule and orientation for all examination proctors.
- Assist high school administrators, teachers, and parents in assessing and interpreting testing data, helping to identify areas in need of improvement.
Please mention OSCAR when responding.