Refine Your Search
|Duration:||Open‑ended / Permanent|
|Activity:||Arts, Leadership & Management, Social Action|
|Posted:||6 Jan 2022|
|Closes:||28 Feb 2022|
The Neema Crafts Centre in Iringa, Tanzania has been training, empowering and employing people with disabilities since 2003. Its crafts workshops and cafe have become a beacon of hope to people living with disability from across the region and a much-loved tourist destination. Neema Crafts is a social enterprise under the Anglican Diocese of Ruaha, who are looking for suitable candidates to support the existing administrative team at the centre. This is an ideal role for a married couple.
- Building good relationships with the local team
- Supporting the office staff to oversee financial activities
- Support the Operations and Production Managers to oversee customer orders and crafts production
- Overseeing the procurement process at the centre
- Supporting the HR Manager and Chaplain in the pastoral work with the staff and trainees
- Oversee building and equipment maintenance at the centre.
- Reporting on the progress of the centre
- Liaising with SAFI Tanzania NGO, to develop new crafts projects/ranges at the centre
- Support the cafe staff with quality control and customer service.
- Committed faith in Jesus and to personal growth
- Excellent interpersonal skills, having empathy and willingness to understand others
- A good communicator and able teacher
- A flexible and creative problem solver
- Understanding of enterprise and business management
- Experience in running accounts would be beneficial.
- Some practical skills are very useful, as well as any experience crafts production and catering.
- Language skills are not required; however you will be expected to undergo language training in both Swahili and Tanzanian sign language in your first six months.
- Free Swahili and Tanzanian sign-language training
- Onsite training in Quickbooks, Inflow and Shopify software
- Free accommodation in Gangilonga, Iringa (only 15 mins walk from town/work) in a spacious 4 bedroom house
- Wide scope for developing new projects supporting PWDs
- Establishing great friendships with some of the world's most inspiring people
- 2 hours drive from one of the largest of Tanzania’s National Parks (Ruaha)
- Welcoming English speaking community church and many vibrant Swahili churches.
As well as free accommodation in Tanzania, this role offers a stipend of up to £20,000/year for a couple. This will be funded by the UK based Charity See Ability First International (SAFI). This stipend is adequate to cover flights and medical cover as well as living expenses for a couple, however candidates may wish to do some additional fundraising if they wish to run a vehicle etc.
Interested candidates should email: email@example.com before February 28th 2022
Please mention OSCAR when responding.