Refine Your Search
|Duration:||Over 12 months, Open‑ended / Permanent|
|Activity:||Agriculture, Business & Tentmaking, Children & Youth, Education & Training, Leadership & Management|
|Posted:||4 May 2021|
|Closes:||31 May 2021|
Nes Ammim is a village in the Western Galilee, Israel, dedicated to encounter and dialogue, learning and hospitality. In its midst lives an international ecumenical Christian community of volunteers, founded in 1963 and supported by European Christians and churches. Motivated by the lessons of the past and the challenges of the present, we live, work and learn in solidarity with the wide spectrum of people in the region and country, Jews, Muslims, Christians, Druzes and others.
Our Center for Learning and Dialogue (CLD) provides study, dialogue and fellowship activities for our volunteers, inhabitants of the village, people on study leave, and for others who want to experience the community life for some time. In our 48 room hotel we receive guests from all over the world. We have set up a residential neighbourhood, with the aspiration that Jews, Arabs and others will live together in peace, mutual acceptance and tolerance as a model for the region and the nation. To generate additional income we rent out houses and apartments in the village and manage the 35 hectare avocado orchard and the surrounding agricultural parcels of land.
Do you have a heart for Israel and are you excited about peace and dialogue? Do you have managerial or entrepreneurial experience? We are currently recruiting a hands-on
(Nes Ammim, Israel)
Purpose of the job
Nes Ammim has two managers, the General manager and the Hotel manager. Together you are in charge of Nes Ammim, each having your specific area of responsibility, and both reporting to the Board of Directors (BoD). As our General Manager you are responsible for leading and managing the community, the CLD, the business side of the village and the support staff.
As our General manager you have the following responsibilities:
- Together with the Hotel manager and BoD, contribute to the vision and strategy for Nes Ammim;
- In co-operation with the Hotel manager, implementing the annual plan, including monitoring, budgeting and reporting;
- Organizing, coordinating and developing the activities of the Nes Ammim community and the CLD, including its income generating activities;
- Managing and coaching the staff members (facility manager, village manager, HR officer, the accounting and finance staff and the communications officer);
- Raising funds for ongoing activities of the CLD and the community, including networking with (possible) donors;
- Creating a positive, encouraging and productive atmosphere within the community;
- Initiating contact with and managing all relevant internal and external stakeholders;
- Maintaining and developing organizational policies and procedures.
This challenging position is a unique opportunity for an ambitious and entrepreneurial professional with solid management experience. Successful candidates bring:
- A MA/MSc. degree in a relevant field. Candidates with a BSc degree that have extensive relevant experience are also invited to apply;
- Multi-year experience managing organizations and teams;
- Demonstrated experience building personal and professional networks;
- Good understanding of organizational governance and management, including financial and operational policies and processes;
- Experience modelling behaviour, building, leading and developing a team of staff with different backgrounds and expertise, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility, span-of-control, performance and personal growth;
- Preferably experience working with young people and exposure to an international and cross cultural context;
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written; excellent command of the English language;
- Results oriented, vision, integrity, cooperation, networking and servant-leadership skills;
- Being a Christian, adhering to the Christian core values of Nes Ammim and experienced conveying these values to team members;
- Full support for the vision and mission of Nes Ammim;
- Willingness to live in a small village community for a period preferably two years or longer.
Nes Ammim offers an extraordinary opportunity in a beautiful and unique setting; in an organization that plays a special role in the interreligious dialogue and contributes to better understanding between Jews and Palestinians. You will become part of an ambitious, growing and financially sound international organization with a dedicated team of colleagues. Furthermore, you are offered:
- A full-time position;
- Accommodation, meals, a modest compensation package (partly on voluntary basis; negotiable), use of a car, health insurance, contribution to pension provisions;
- The opportunity to participate in an interesting study program.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are kindly invited to send their cover letter and resume at the latest on May 31st, 2021 to David Karelse at email@example.com. In your cover letter please reflect on your motivation for wanting to become part of Nes Ammim. This includes a reflection on Nes Ammim being a Christian organization.
In the search profile you can read more about the organization and the position. For more information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact David at +31682568838. An (e-) assessment may be part of the process.
Nes Ammim values equal opportunities and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply. Recruitment is subject to successful completion of all applicable background checks, including references and criminal record checks.
Please mention OSCAR when responding.
M.P. Western Galilee