Refine Your Search
Work from Home
Itinerant / Mobile
|Duration:||Over 12 months|
|Activity:||Church Related, Evangelism & Discipleship|
|Posted:||13 Oct 2021|
|Closes:||1 Nov 2021|
Church Relationship Volunteers
Friends International is an evangelical mission agency dedicated to supporting and equipping churches to reach international students for Christ. We currently have 75 Field Staff and Associates working in 35 university towns and cities across the UK and Ireland.
We are seeking to develop relationships with churches in places where we do not yet have either field staff or Affiliates: people who want to be part of the Friends International network and have access to their international student ministry training and resources.
We are looking for volunteers to work at a sub-Regional level to help us to develop links, in new locations, with churches interested in International Student Ministry (ISM).
We expect these volunteer appointments to be:
- On a sub-regional basis (radius of 50 miles)
- For a fixed period of 2-3 years initially, with regular reviews
- Focussed on getting churches realistically involved in ISM locally or with a specific link further afield. This could cover premises use, prayer, volunteer development, or finance
- By interview
Church contacts developed could be passed on to the Friends International Regional Development Director for provision of training or other appropriate action.
Interested churches would be encouraged to invest in the ministry of Friends International.
Attendance at Cluster training days and national annual staff conference would be encouraged.
- A committed Christian in lifestyle and enthusiastic about sharing their faith
- Passionate about helping to support the Friends International Vision and Mission, being in full agreement with its doctrinal basis
- A heart for Christian cross-cultural mission in general and international student work in particular
- Experienced in networking
Please apply with a letter (covering one side of A4) to explain what you could offer to the role.
Interviews will take place online in the first half of November 2021.
Please mention OSCAR when responding.