Refine Your Search
|Duration:||Open‑ended / Permanent|
|Activity:||Administration, Leadership & Management, Practical & Technical|
|Posted:||13 Oct 2021|
Charity Retail & E-Commerce Manager
Who are Link to Hope
We are a Christian charity dedicated since 1991 to rebuilding lives and communities in Eastern Europe. We do this through Education and Social Care projects and we operate 20+ projects in 4 countries – Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine and Moldova. We help transform thousands of people lives each year and our aim is to be ever expanding in order to generate new funds for existing and future projects.
Scope and purpose of position
We are looking for a Retail & E-Commerce Manager to manage all retail activities for Link to Hope’s 5 shops and e-commerce platforms eg E-Bay, Depop etc.
You will be joining a small but highly committed team at head office and report directly to the General Manager. We have a flat organisational structure and everyone's ideas and thoughts are valued. As we are a small team, then you have a fantastic opportunity to not only have an impact on our retail business but also on the strategy of the charity. We would also aim for you to take part in overseas visits so you can see exactly what your contribution is helping to achieve.
For your part you must be capable of motivating teams and making things happen. Not be afraid to push through and to find ways to inspire staff and volunteers to achieve the objectives you set them. Also help to create a positive customer experience in each of our shops and online stores. The main aim of the role is to help generate the maximum return to Link to Hope through our retail and e-commerce activities, whilst enhancing the Link to Hope brand. We are a very supportive team and care about all aspects of our employees life not just what you can do for us.
It is expected that all staff will be sympathetic to the Christian aims of the Charity and actively take part in activities that enhance and promote that.
Duties and responsibilities
- Management of the existing retail outlets and new acquisitions.
- Management and development of our e-commerce sites ie E-Bay, Debop etc along with our e-commerce team.
- To oversee the setting up of our new warehouse outlet in 2022.
- Performance and development of shop managers including regular reviews.
- Recruitment of new staff and volunteers.
- Training and coaching staff and volunteers in all aspects of retail activity as appropriate to their role.
- Carry out regular visits to motivate, direct and empower the teams.
- Establish and manage regular meetings with individuals and teams as benefits the business.
- Promote the donation of good quality goods within the communities.
- Seek and develop corporate links to acquire goods for sale, end of line etc.
- Use corporate links to develop new promotional ideas.
- Work with General Manager to decide strategic direction of retailing.
- Regularly report on trading activities to the General Manager and Trustees as required.
- Analyse sales figures and turnover and take action in response to these on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Management of Health and Safety in the shops and warehouse including risk assessments and remedial action.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to expand the retail network profitably.
- Liaise with external organisations as appropriate or required.
- Promote Link to Hope, its work and its brand at all times.
- Actively participate in the ongoing Christian work of the charity and be fully committed to its Christian aims and objectives.
The right candidate will have a solid background in retail/charity management and e-commerce. They must have proven commercial skills but also be passionate about shaping our charity and going the extra mile.
Some of our employees benefits include:
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- No weekend working
- Training support and development opportunities
- Pension Scheme
- Sick Pay
- Health/Dental Care
- Potential to travel to projects in Eastern Europe
Salary - £27,000 plus potential bonus of £2,000 based on performance
Please mention OSCAR when responding.