Refine Your Search
|Duration:||Open‑ended / Permanent|
|Activity:||Children & Youth, Church Related|
|Posted:||11 Jan 2022|
|Closes:||7 Mar 2022|
Associate Youth Worker
Location: Helensburgh & Area
Full Time: 35hrs
Salary - £21,000 - £24,000
- Do you have the skills and abilities to work in Primary and Secondary school?
- Can you skilfully and creatively communicate & share the person of Jesus Christ to children & young people?
- Do you have experience in educational and/or Youth ministry?
- Are you able to aid strategic thinking and encourage others in reaching young people with the gospel?
- Do you desire to make an impact for Christ among young people?
Helensburgh Area Christian Youth Project is an established and successful initiative. We are a registered charity, working in partnership with Scripture Union Scotland, that helps and enables young people in the Helensburgh Area to explore the significance of Jesus Christ for their lives.
We are seeking to appoint a full time Youth Worker, with experience in community/ education based ministry with:-
- A passion for ministry among young people.
- An ability to reach out, engage and build a meaningful mentoring relationship with young people in both their school and community settings, and to mobilise existing Christian youth to effectively reach their peers
- An ability to work with local churches
- An ability to work alongside the Contraflow management group, school management, and volunteers to develop an effective Christian ministry for young people.
It is important that you are committed to SU Scotland’s ethos, working principles and vision and would demonstrate this through your commitment and motivation. It is an Occupational Requirement, in terms of the Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2003, that the post-holder demonstrates a personal faith in Jesus Christ.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory PVG Scheme Disclosure
More information & an application pack can be found on the SU Scotland Website - Jobs | Scripture Union Scotland (suscotland.org.uk)
The closing date for completed applications is Noon on 7th March 2022
Proposed Interviews are still to be confirmed
Please mention OSCAR when responding.